Want to restore your smile, but want to avoid breaking your bank doing it? Well, Dr. Todd Brower in Holland, MI, has just the solution: dentures.
Dentures are oral appliances used by individuals who have lost some or all of their natural teeth due to tooth decay, gum disease, or injury. Dentures are usually made of plastic resin. There are both partial dentures and full dentures:
- Transitional Partial Dentures are placed in your mouth temporarily while your gums heal and before dental implants replace them.
- Removable Partial Dentures are used instead of dental implants and bridgework.
- Immediate Dentures are used temporarily for when people are transitioning into denture wearing.
- Conventional Full Dentures are permanent dentures custom made to fit.
- Implant-Supported Overdentures use one or more dental implants to secure and support upper and lower dentures.
How to care for dentures?
When you get your dentures, it's important to know how best to take care of them.
Here are a few tips:
- Completely immerse your dentures in water when they're not in your mouth.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a non-invasive cleanser when cleaning your dentures, as recommended by The American Dental Association.
- While brushing your teeth, make sure your clean your cheeks, the roof of your mouth, gums, and tongue to avoid having an unpleasant breath or irritation.
Need a consultation?
For more information about dentures contact Ottawa Smiles Dental in Holland, MI. Call (616) 399-3600. It's time you take care of your dental health and improve your smile!